If you have issues with sleeping, then you should follow the guidelines below for Get Better Sleep At Night.
You can do for Better Sleep
- make sure your bedroom is dark, quiet, and comfortable to sleep, invest in a new mattress firm mattress. You should make sure the temperature is cool and comfortable.
- Sleep and wake up at the same time every single day. You should have a set number of hours that you sleep every night since excessive sleeping or staying in bed for too long can cause poor quality and fragmented sleep.
- Have a relaxing bedtime routine such as listening to calming music, reading, etc for up to an hour before bed.
- Exercise at least a couple times per week or every day if possible. However, dont exercise in the evening or just before bed.
- Only use your bed for relaxing and sleeping. You should not use it for any other activities such as working, using the laptop, etc.
- avoid eating any heavy meals before bed or drinking a lot of liquids. In the event youre hungry, simply snack lightly or drink some milk.
- Avoid napping during the day.
- Dont drink liquids that contain caffeine such as coffee, soda, etc in the evening.
- Avoid thinking about difficult memories, intense feelings, etc before going to bed.
- Avoid smoking since tobacco negatively affects sleep.
- Avoid drinking alcohol in order to sleep. Even though alcohol may help you to sleep, it will not be high-quality sleep and youll wake up throughout the night.
- Avoid using sleeping pills regularly. If youre an insomniac and rely on these pills, they will eventually become ineffective.
- Dont stay in bed for long periods of time if you cant sleep within 30 minutes. If you cant sleep, you should get out of bed and read or do some other light activity until youre ready to sleep.